Asparagus Tomato Salad Recipe
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 8 cups romaine lettuce, torn
- 1/3 cup low fat Italian salad dressing
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp. parmesan cheese, shredded
Cook asparagus in boiling water 5-6 minutes or until crisp tender; plunge in ice water to cool and stop cooking. Divide lettuce between 6 plates, arrange asparagus and tomatoes on top and drizzle with Italian dressing. Sprinkle with cheese and chill 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Calories: 57, Fat(g) 2, Saturated Fat (g) 1, Cholesterol (mg) 0, Sodium (mg)147, Carbohydrate (g) 7, Fiber (g) 3, Protein (g) 4
Asparagus is high in vitamins A, C, K, thiamin, riboflavin, folate, iron, and fiber!