Rhubarb Fruit Salad Recipe
- 3 cups thinly sliced fresh rhubarb
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- 1 1/2 cups halved red or green grapes
- 1 1/2 cups small honeydew or cantaloupe melon balls or pieces
- 1 1/2 cups diced mango or strawberries
Bring rhubarb, honey and Grand Marnier (or Cointreau) to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the rhubarb is just beginning to break down, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and refrigerate for about 15 minutes to cool.
Stir grapes, melon and mango (or strawberries) into the rhubarb mixture. Serve or return to the refrigerator to chill further.
Make Ahead Tip: Refrigerate for up to 4 hours before you eat it.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Calories 90, Fat(g) 0, Saturated Fat (g) 0, Cholesterol (mg) 0, Sodium (mg) 8, Carbohydrate (g) 21, Fiber (g) 0, Sugars (g) 8, Protein (g) 1
Rhubarb is high in vitamins C and K, calcium, and fiber!