Sour Kale Salad
- 1 bunch of kale
- 3 tbsp. chopped onion
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tbsp. shredded parmesan cheese
- Thoroughly rinse and dry your kale.
- Chop into bite size pieces and place in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together your onion, minced garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, and parmesan cheese.
- Pour the dressing over the kale and massage with your hands for a minute or two until the leaves are slightly wilted.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before eating to allow the kale to absorb the flavor.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Calories 43, Fat(g) 2, Saturated Fat (g) 1, Cholesterol (mg) 0, Sodium (mg) 0, Carbohydrate (g) 5, Fiber (g) 1, Sugars (g) 0, Protein (g) 2
Kale, a hardy green, can survive severe frost. It grows in individual stalks and appears in the market in bunches. Kale is generally interchangeable with collard greens.
Nutrients (when boiled): Vitamins A, C, K, B6 and Calcium; cancer-preventing compounds sulforaphane, isothiocyanate and indoles; fiber.